It's that time of the year where it looks like your entire neighbourhood is having a barbecue at the exact same time. Except it doesn't smell good! Yes the haze is back to torment the living hell out of Malaysians and Singaporeans.
While there isn't anything we can do about the problem, unless you personally know Captain Planet, there are some precautionary measures you can practice...
1. Wear a mask. I would recommend the N95 respiratory mask. This mask is designed to keep out fine particulate matter and will protect you from breathing in smoke particles in the air. While surgical masks are cheaper, it is not manufactured for this purpose.
2. Stay indoors as much as possible. Especially so if you suffer from asthma like myself.
3. If you aren't taking your vitamins, now is the time to do so. Just so you know, Mustafa Centre sells vitamins at great prices in the new wing, level one.
4. Wash your hands, face and shower regularly. This gets rid of tiny haze particles that may have gathered on you.
5. If you are a smoker, please try to avoid smoking if the PSI level is higher than 101. I'm trying not to smoke. It's tough but it isn't impossible.
6. Remember to drink water!
7. Last but not least, if you are having a cough, flu, asthma, eye irritation or a lung infection, please see a doctor. It's for your own good!