IT'S ALL ABOUT NUTS
- A peanut is not a nut. It is a legume.
- Bacteria that cause tooth decay, acne, tuberculosis, and leprosy can be cured with cashews.
THE ANIMAL KINGDOM
- The porpoise is second to man as the most intelli
t animal on the planet. gen
- Sharks and rays are the only animals known to man that don't get cancer. Scientists believe this has something to do with the fact that they don't have bones, but cartilage.
- Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
- Gorillas sleep as much as fourteen hours per day.
- When the Yardbirds broke up in 1968, Jimmy Page was left to honor the band's commitments, performing as The New Yardbirds. The group eventually evolved into Led Zeppelin.
- At age 47, the Rol
Stones' bassist, Bill Wyman, began a relationship with 13-year old Mandy Smith, with her mother's blessing. Six years later, they were married, but the marriage only lasted a year. Not long after, Bill's 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy's mother, age 46. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother. If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own grandpa. ling
- Dark Side of The Moon (a Pink Floyd album) stayed on the top 200 Billboard charts for 741 weeks! That is 14 years.
- You can't plow a cotton field with an elephant in
. North Carolina
- Chewing gum is outlawed in
because it is a means of "tainting an environment free of dirt." Singapore
, Somalia , it's been decreed illegal to carry old chewing gum stuck on the tip of your nose. Africa
- It was once against the law to slam your car door in a city in
, in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, anyone caught drinking coffee was put to death. Turkey
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO DURH!!
- Found a box of Tampax Tampons: "Remove used tampon before inserting a new one."
- Found on a box of Kellogg's Pop-Tarts: "Warning: Pastry Fil
May Be Hot When Heated." ling
- Found on the instruction sheet of a Conair Pro Style 1600 hair dryer: "WARNING: Do not use in shower. Never use while sleeping."
- Found on Bat Man The Animated Series Armor Set Halloween costume box: "PARENT: Please exercise caution, mask and chest plate are not protective; cape does not enable wearer to fly."
- Found in a television set's owner's manual: "Do not pour liquids into your television set."
- Found on the handle of a hammer: "Caution: Do not use this hammer to strike any solid object."
- Found on a butane lighter: "Warning: Flame may cause fire."