Jan 18, 2009

Goats blamed for starting fire!

Photobucket

NORWALK, Iowa – Firefighters said goats may have started a fire that destroyed a home near Norwalk in central Iowa. The fire broke out early Tuesday. Three people escaped unharmed.

John Hadley said his cat woke up him up, and he saw smoke coming from a ceiling. Hadley then woke up his ailing mother and her companion and got them out of the house.

Assistant Northern Warren County Fire Chief Kevin Dingman said the fire may have been started by some goats kept in a shed attached to the rear of the house.

He said a space heater was kept in the shed to keep the goats warm, and the goats may have knocked it over, starting the fire.

The goats and a family dog were rescued, but the cat was missing.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment but do note that comments are moderated on posts that are older than 7 days.